9.16.2011

Healthy Coffee Substitute!

Okay, after refusing to pay $12 for a little bag of Teeccino, and being totally addicted to coffee (and sick of it)... it was time for a DIY! These ingredients can be hard to come by in person unless you have a really awesome herb section in a local health food store .I am drinking in right now and its amazing! I go to the Health Shoppe in Morristown, NJ... but you can always try amazon.com!
You will need:

  1. 5 oz Chicory Root or granules
  2. 3 oz carob powder
  3. 3 oz dandy greens (dried)
  4. 3 oz burdock root
I sweetened it with Coconut nectar, but you can use honey or whatever you like. Agave Nectar has a higher glycemic index than High Fructose Corn Syrup so stay away from that. This cost  $15 in total. I would use about 1 coffee scoop per 2 cups water, I prefer to use a french press as well. Happy, healthy, sipping.1 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment